View Single Post
Old 05/15/2007, 11:55 AM
Moved On

is this too much? HELP ME PLEASE

I am not new to this, but I might as well be. I have had two tanks in the past. One was a complete failure (My first time around 120G). I tried to do Fish and reef and mixed a lot of bad pieces. And the LFS sold me whatever I would buy. Tough lesson learned.

The second tank I went with Aggresive fish only (2Lion, 2Triggers, 1Grouper) This was a 100G. I moved and had to get rid of it but it was up for about two years with very minimum trouble. (Very fun to watch them eat).

Now I am in an apartment (Very small) but I can not get rid of the love I have for salt water tanks. So I am now on my third tank. The problem is I think I want too much stuff for this small set up.
Coming from a larger tank I am not sure what a 30G could house comfortably.

I think the tank I have now is 30 gallons or so. Its 1 foot wide by 3 feet long box tank. (Nice view for a small apartment) I have had it up for about three months now and I am just starting to add live stock.

My Set up now:

1 CPR back Pack skimmer
1 Fluval 404
1 Power head
1 heater
JBJ Lights 70watts x2 (one blue)
1 moon light LED

In the the tank now:

30 Live rock
35 pounds of sand
4 Turbo snalls
6 hermit crabs
3 Green cromis
1 cleaner shrimp
1 Diamond Goby

Everything is alive and well the fish have been eating great.
I would like to put some frags in this week all my levels are good. but I am at a cross road. am I doing to much for this tank????

I like fish I want to put some bartlet anthias in the furture(1 male and maybe 3 female. then two a clowns and a tang. Thats 10 fish if you count the gobly and cromis. Is that too much??????

Could frags still survive or would that over do it????

Any help or suggestion for this small set up???? Thanks guys.
I'll post before and after pics soon.

Philip-