View Single Post
Old 11/29/2007, 07:35 PM
Registered Member

My calcium is spot on 420-450ppm consistantly, so i don't think thats it. If calcium is too high, i would tend to think alk is also off since they are so closely linked. Plus i've used IO and thats when my problem started. It sure does have low calcium, my bucket mixed up at 270ppm.

My zoas are definately on the mend. I've seen significant improvement on my ring of fires, and my eye of rah frag is opening again although the polyps are still small for some reason. But some are still just like your pics above. I don't even know what else to try, so i'm just doing my weekly WCs, skimming wet, basting the rocks and walls, and using carbon/phoslock and hope for the best.

For the phosban it should say how much to use per gallon, i think its like 1gram per 1 gallon.

mnestroy - give us some info on your tank and how the zoas look while they are in your tank. Are the ones that die wild? Any problems with the ones living now?

Also another thought. How old are the frags/colonies in your tank? My zoas are all at least 1yr old in my system. Some of them are over 3 years old. I have not added any new zoas for at least 6 months.