View Single Post
Old 01/10/2008, 01:08 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sufunk

p.s.- Junior, how exactly is it that Clint now has COLONIES for under $200 when 6 months ago he was selling HEADS for $250 apiece if prices on aussie acans have not and will not go down and in fact as you guys try to convince everyone, will soon skyrocket????? The answer is simple, prices have plummeted but all the vendors, their buddies and "investors" are desperate to convince the rest of us that prices will soon skyrocket to protect their considerable investment
^^^ I would love to hear a response to this.....more so, i've been hearing from lots of folks, including some vendors, that the aussie coral export market will close very soon......contrast that with what I heard through a friend about some aussie supplier he deals with - that he can provide steady aussie shipments indefinitely....lol!!! who do we believe? heck, why should we even care!

I've been following your posts and I know what you mean - and I agree with you, to a certain extent.........i've had my fair share of arguments up in Canada re: vendors going waaay beyond acceptable norms when it comes to pricing corals, let alone these spectacular aussie pieces. It's no secret what the wholesale prices are for corals, especially prices direct from australian sources (ie. not LAX transhippers) but what some vendors are doing just reeks of greed (IMO!!!).

and FWIW, the "greed" I witness is waaaay more prevalent in US coral chop shops.

BUT, as lots of people noted....it's supply and demand...if there is some poor sap willing to pay it, then why stop him? and so what if the vendor charges a 100x or 500x markup....it's their business, and more importantly, their RIGHT to do so....capitalism at it's best.

The most we can do is try to form some meaningful dialogue to help gain context on the situation - that's why I love threads like this

Zach.

PS...love the title of the thread ...lol
Tunze 6045 & Modded MJ900
MAG 7 return via SCWD
Zoa-dominated, LPS, SPS, 4 fish
Xenia Refugium