View Single Post
Old 01/10/2008, 11:32 AM
Registered Member

Just for the record, my beef isnt just with Clint, he just happened to be the guy everyone was talking about in the other thread. I know nothing about him other than the RIDICULOUS prices that he was charging. I think ALL the vendors doing what he is are shady. And yes, Tyree falls in the same boat. It takes pretty big stones to charge 10x the regular amount for the exact same coral just because it has your name on it.

My pink lemonade chalice cost me $40 for a piece larger then a half dollar. It looks EXACTLY the same as any tyree pink lemonade. I guess i should let him borrow it for a few months so i could sell it for $250 a millimeter

If you dont think there is something wrong with vendors charging 50X what they paid for something, then there really is no point arguing. As far as how this hurts the hobby, ask anyone who collected baseball cards or comic books what overpriced special limited edition one of a kind crazes did to those hobbies

p.s.- Junior, how exactly is it that Clint now has COLONIES for under $200 when 6 months ago he was selling HEADS for $250 apiece if prices on aussie acans have not and will not go down and in fact as you guys try to convince everyone, will soon skyrocket????? The answer is simple, prices have plummeted but all the vendors, their buddies and "investors" are desperate to convince the rest of us that prices will soon skyrocket to protect their considerable investment