View Single Post
Old 07/05/2007, 10:19 PM
Premium Member

More updates. Got an RO/DI system today. Haven't hooked it up yet... not much room under any of our sinks so I may be using this in the utility room.

Also painted the back of the tank. I used Rustoleum flat enamel - black. Sprayed on 3 coats. Looks pretty good right now, hopefully it stays that way.

Oh, I decided NOT to drill the tank. Several people seemed to think that all the glass has been tempered (I thought it would only be the bottom piece), so since we're not sure it's better safe than sorry. I almost bought an external overflow, but it made me a little nervous. I ended up purchasing an AC 110 power filter and I'm looking to buy an Aqua C Remora hang on skimmer.

Question about the Aqua C... should I get the regular or the pro? Also, how well does the surface skimmer work that you can buy for those?

Anyone got any other suggestions or comments?

Oh.... I will try to get some pics up soon. I know this thread is practically worthless without them.