View Single Post
Old 12/18/2007, 12:20 AM
Registered Member

Yes that is what im talking about shedding mucus film tissue looking stuff, I didnt know if that was normal, i didnt mean shedding polyps... He is not dead, after all, he was just having a hard time with the light i had. I got MH light and am supplementing it with my 48" flourescents, and that seems to be alot better than just the MH alone, since the MH is only 175, but apparently I needed more light than that. I have since bought a 260 watt PC light which will be here this week, luckily. I am still shocked at the difference in my tank since starting to use RO/DI water vs. Tap... I didnt realize the harm I was causing by using the sink or hose to fill my tank, until I started doing research on WHY my tank was looking so bad... Now it is clear and the inhabitants are happy and active, and eating well, etc. Amazing. I wish I would have known the significance sooner. Now the only thing worrying me is my anenome. He is looking rather pathetic, all grey and shrunken. Not to a 'dead-looking' point yet but Im afraid if I dont figure out the problem he will be dead. any suggestions? My levels are great, I had 0ppm across the board and 20 ppm nitrates , so I did a 20% water change (RO of course) I use Oceanic natural sea salt, SG 1.023, and added purple up and buffer to raise my Ph. the Purple up has the magnesium or whatever extra in it too, so the LFS guy told me as long as I buffer it should be okay. And then I have 2 maroon clownfish, 1 scopas tang, 1 powder brown tang, and 1 three stripe damsel. a total of 5 fish. My tank is 55gallon (48" l, 13"w and I think 18"deep)
I feed my fish 1/2 cube in the morning and 1/2 cube at night of emerald entree. I target fed the anenome phytoplankton 2 nights ago, and he seemed to respond well to that. But then with the h20 change, the lights are all removed and now he looks pitiful. Am I missing something or harming him and not knowing it? PS I just got him 3 days ago.... Oh and about 50 lbs LR and 3inch sandbed of Live sand and crushed coral mixed. Clean up crew is 8 sm hermits, 1 decorator, and some snails (I cant find them tho...) some more cleaners coming tomorrow.. Thanks and sorry about the LONG post... Thanks so much! T.