View Single Post
Old 11/19/2007, 11:46 AM
Bogus Information Expert

Hi Conjuay,

Don't get me wrong. There is nothing wrong with acrylic. I just prefer glass as they tend to look better over the long run. Thanks to acrylic eyeglasses much has been done to toughen the acrylic surfaces and they are far more scratch resistant than they were ten years ago or so. There are many acrylic tanks out there, I sometimes wonder why there are no polycarbonate tanks which are far tougher. Most public aquariums use plastic view panes. Just be careful when working around the tank. And don't rub too hard when cleaning.

Sharky,

The aquarium you are considering is also plastic and is very similar to the JBJ 28 gallon Nano-Cube, a popular aquarium for many of our New to the Hobby crowd. The main difference is that the Max uses T-5 lights while the Nano uses HQI metal halides. It is probably a good starter aquarium but always be aware that a small tank requires more care than a larger one. Especially when it comes to water quality. The up side of a small tank is you can do fairly large water changes at frequent intervals without shelling out a lot of cash for salt mix.

Tom