Thread: Extreme tanks
View Single Post
Old 01/08/2008, 02:41 PM
Registered Member

Angry Extreme tanks

Alright, I have only been in this hobby for about a year now and have been visiting the site quite often since then and it has helped me out extremely. I do have one problem however, every time a new tank of the month is posted it is a tank that is unobtainable by the average person. I work at a fish store in Lafayette, Indiana and I'm not the only one that thinks this way. Many of the guys I work with think that it is unfair to post a tank that costs thousands of dollars to set up and to run. My suggestion would be to have multiple "tanks of the month" for different hobbyist. For example, having a small nano reef such as a 25 - 50 gallon category, a 75 - 100 category, and so on...

I don't think that I am being irrational or unfair by asking this. Plus I believe it would help the site out quite a bit and attract more people to visit it if they have a smaller tank themselves, it may give them an extra incentive to work harder towards getting that "tank of the month" spot even though they may have a 75 gallon tank.

Basically my point is that it is unfair the the average hobbyist who only has a small tank to try to compete with hobbyists who have 300+ gallon tanks. Hopefully this thread will find somebody who works on the site and it may change some minds.