Thread: Our Tbs
View Single Post
Old 06/09/2005, 01:06 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by patsan
What did you do with photoshop?

just resize and adjust the contrast to reflect what the tank really looks like. i think having a large amount of light takes away a bit of contrast from some shots. i usually adjust the contrast by 10 or 20 percent to compensate for this. i also like to crop out little things (like the silicon holding the glass together, or the black at the top of the photo. i think cropping makes the best difference as far as making a pic look cleaner. i couldnt figure out how to crop on short notice though.

Did you change the colors of things?

i never adjust the colors of corals. i dont like giving a misrepresentation of the tank. every now and then i get one where the white balance is out of whack and it makes the coral yellow. i dont post them as they are untrue and usually ugly.

The pictures are amazing.

thank you, i just got a reply from Rick (rpierce) and he says he is very happy with them as well.

What are those big things in the tank, that look like huge mushrooms?

they are montipora capricornis, one of the easiest fastest growing SPS corals. i really like the plating look. he has a few different colors and textures. its hard to tell in the pics, but some of them have a little different color polyp (from others that look just like them) that gives them a slightly different appearance in person. you can see in the pic below one of the green caps, that actually has white-ish polyps, which make it really stand out compared to the other green ones he has.