View Single Post
Old 06/06/2005, 10:30 PM
Registered Member

What to use on 50 gallon Cube?

Hello all, I have been poring over all the info here on reefcentral about what lighting setup to use. I recently lost my 55 gallon tank to a bottom seal failure. To make things more interesting I am moving in December. I will be getting a larger RR tank when I get situated but I have the itch for something bigger than the 10 gallon that I have managed to squeeze my remaining livestock into now. I am thinking about a 50 Cube from oceanic I believe the dimensions are Tank Dimensions : 30 1/2" x 18 1/2 " x 21" .. I am curious first of all what others think about this tank and secondly what would be the best choice for lighting this tank. I would like to keep some clams on a shallow sand bed so I am assuming Lot o light required.. I am thinking about a 400 watt 15k DE bulb not sure on the reflector or ballast .. Please give me reccomendations. If what I am thinking is totaly wrong please feel free to lead me in a diferent direction.. Oh ya I would like to stay with a one bulb setup and maybe add some moonlights for nighttime.. THanks.