View Single Post
Old 11/19/2003, 07:59 AM
VILP

Quote:
Originally posted by Bio-Mass
Hey BlennyBabe,
When you talk about get frozen food what kind of frozen food. I have been trying to feed my anglers frozen krill but they won't go for it. I was thinking if I can find a place that sells small whole frozen fish. Maybe that would get them to eat, since they see a whole fish instead of something else they are not familar with. I was think a fish market might sell something like that. Any ideas from any frog owners.
I get packages of frozen silversides from my LFS to feed my RBTA. So far my frogfish are unimpressed with them though. They are skinny, whole fish, but they are too long not to cut up unless you have a large frogfish (most are ~2" long). They seem to be seasonal in availability. If you don't have a local LFS that carries them, you could try an online vendor - if you can find one that doesn't have a large minimum order size. I just looked and found one that requires 10lbs - at 4oz a package, you'd be swimming in frozen fish for years!

Cheri