View Single Post
Old 12/31/2007, 02:19 AM
Registered Member

Re: My Goodness Brent F.

Quote:
Originally posted by NaCl+H2O Fish
Brent F.

Welcome.... and where have you been? Not that I claim to know everyone on this thread.... LOL!

May I ask the origin and reason behind all the MODS for your new RSM?

Reasoning behind the mods:

The ideas such as the surface skimming came from this board. I really like the look of the RSM but also know some of the pluses of using a sump so I bought the RSM and had a custom made sump tank built for inside the stand. I also knew I wanted better skimming so added a HOT skimmer behind the sump.

I want to keep some marginal reef safe invertebrates and some clams so decided to add on a shallow tank and decided on a Viper 70 watt metal halide because anything bigger would overheat the 15 gal 20X20X9 tank. I found this tank used locally and added the overflow box inside it – the prior owner had it hooked up to a canister filter.

I found the Nanocube 6 used and added it on because I want to keep a small frogfish which really needs to be in a specimen tank and thought this would be an ideal home for one.

I plumbed all three tanks into a shared sump for ease of maintenance and to share the skimmer. I also have an ATU system tied into the sump which I didn’t show in the pictures.

The Phosban Reactor is for Zeovit products and is hanging on the back so I can easily shake it every day. My tanks are too small for the plunger style Zeovit reactors so I’ll simply shake the small Two Little Fishes reactor instead of using a plunger.

Last edited by Brent F; 12/31/2007 at 02:41 AM.