View Single Post
Old 01/07/2008, 05:07 PM
Registered Member

I hope this link works.
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/showp...t=1&thecat=500

I used some of the smallest PVC pipe, I think it is the 1" diameter, and fitted it together. Some of the joints I glued, some I intentionally did not. Instead of using the white vertical PVC pipes shown in the photo, I used the clear acrylic rods that fit right into the PVC elbows, that is if you get the right diameter. I also drilled a million holes in the bottom pipes so that there would be water flow, refugium type space for pods, etc. I even considered attaching a power head to blow water through the pipe, I considered a piece of clear tubing from a submerged powerhead hidden in the back blowing water through the pipe.

I had a very tall tank and wanted some open space in the front. You can see from the photo I had 2 smaller rock stacks in the front and 3 tall ones across the back. I used a mason drill bit and had the rock in a bucket of tank water, pulled it out, drilled the hole in about 10 seconds, and then submerged it back into the bucket water to rinse it. then plopped it back into the tank. The typical reef rock drilled much easier than I expected.

Last edited by Steverino; 01/07/2008 at 05:49 PM.