View Single Post
Old 12/05/2007, 11:35 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11318387#post11318387 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by smiller
If this is the second time they have made this exception for you then consider yourself the exception to the rule. Even one shipping refund surprises me. Most people who order online are aware that shipping is not refundable. You take part of the risk when you ship. If you can't accept that then it is best you stick to local sales.

As this is standard practice in the industry , at least since I started buying online in 2000, I think it best not to use this venue as a way to pressure a vendor into a refund. Not saying you did that, but I have seen it here too many times.
I doubt this whole thing could be summarized any better.

As a customer, if this is the second time this has happened in a relatively short span of time, I would go digging into the reasons first. You may want to check the times on the package tracking to see if it stayed in one point a long time.

I've ordered more livestock on-line than my wife should know about. I've only had 3 bad experiences that I can think of. All occured during the month of December. So as a matter of personal policy I don't order livestock after Thanksgiving. Cold temps. are bad enough by themselves, but add storms, and additional holiday traffic, and your livestock is just another package freezing on a plane delayed on the runway. Heat packs don't work miracles.