View Single Post
Old 12/04/2007, 05:08 PM
Registered Member

Liveaquaria D.O.A Policy - STINKS

I have ordered from Liveaquaria/Fosters & Smith many times and I have always been happy with their service...until today.

I had room for a small blenny and have been waiting for one for sometime now. My LFS has been unable to get any. Liveaquaria finally got some, so I placed my order. The package arrived on time and when I opened the box I notice how COLD it was. Well needless to say my little fish was dead as a door nail. The heat pack was even cold. My temp here was cool but not cold, 60 degrees and I was here to accept the package. I dont understand why it was so cold inside the shipping box.

Oh well.. I will just call liveaquaria and tell them of my loss. They said that that the fish was probably not dead but in hibernation... LOL. I say... OK..but I promise you its dead and stiff. They say it sounds dead alright and would I like a refund or leave a credit on my account. I asked for the refund OK...we will credit you for the fish. I ask what about the $45 for shipping? They say we don’t refund that. Huh? I ordered something, it arrives dead and I am out $45? I say are you sure? They go into an extensive explanation, but the long and short is they don’t refund the shipping. That just not right. I don’t get what I want and still cost me $45! That STINKS!

Mark

p.s. I looked hard...and no where in their policy does it say the will or WONT refund the shipping for livestock.

Last edited by Mark426; 12/04/2007 at 05:16 PM.