View Single Post
Old 10/18/2003, 01:29 AM
Registered Member

Exclamation Starfish Disintegrating??

Okay, I've had my saltwater tank set up for quite some time now, and all seems to be going well as far as my fish, seahorses, and live rock goes.

But, Lately, I've suddenly noticed that my larger CC starfish has simply lost one of his "spikes". It just fell off. Now the smaller STarfish is just disintegrating. . He's in a piece of decorator coral, and is literally just going away. He's dissolved half of one tentacle (lenghtwise) and looking all white around the areas. Others are simply falling apart as well.

I was just checking my OTHER Starfish, and he just kinda fell from the side of the tank, and all this white stuff that looks kinda like the body of th eother one that's falling apart came floating up from him. He's on the other side of the tank, and hasn't really been over to the other one. I've noticed that they don't seem to be eating as well either lately, and the spikes that are LEFT on the larger one all seem "droopy".

I'm looking frantically, trying to figure out what's going on. . !! Anyone??