View Single Post
Old 01/10/2008, 05:27 PM
Where the future begins!

It's not a lost cause, but you are going to have to be very diligent with it in the coming weeks. One or two dips isn't going to be enough to make it better.

You will want to pick up an Iodine Solution (Lugols, Reef Dip etc...) I generally use Seachem's Reef Dip. I do a double dose of the Iodine in the water and leave the coral in there for double the time (20-30 minutes). I do this for the first few days twice a day. If it looks like the brown jelly is slowing down after 4 days, then take it down to once a day for a week or until you don't see the brown jelly coming back. Missing even a single dip is like missing an antibiotic dose, which at that point doing anymore is pointless because it will become resistant.

The big problem with this infection, though, is that it will continue to fester under the tissue where you can't see it and you generally won't notice the infection until it's too late.

Keep a very close eye on it, and don't feed it while it has this infection. This is to help keep the possibility of secondary infection down.
Do evil in return."

“Those things that nature denied to human sight, she revealed to the eyes of the soul.”