View Single Post
Old 12/18/2007, 06:53 PM
Registered Member

Unfortunatley ........i have had no success. After being 25/25 for 3 days i had 100% loss within 2 days. Also i have lost the parents too. When placing the father in the isolastion tank, i think that did him worse than good. Like i mentione above, he started having fin rot and i belive ich. A few days later the female passed away too. So i will be starting from square one really bummed out. If anyone knows where i can get a mated pair of bangaiis please let me know as i woule like to try again. Coming into it i bought the two fish just buying them, not thinking about breeding at all,and not even ginin a second thought to them pairing up, but when i saw the male carry the eggs one day it just sparked something in me and became an obsession. right now i changed things up a bit and a constructed a 20 gal high sump underneath my display and if i do get back into the breeding routine i think just transferring the fry into the sump will be less stressful, or leaving the fry in the tank in a breeders net and transferring the father into the sump. the consistent water parameters i think will help out alot. Personally i think the new powder brown i included in the tank a few weeks before, which got ich started the whole mishap in my tank, so no more tangs for me. If anyone has a pair the want to donate im here for you. lol