View Single Post
Old 09/23/2007, 10:12 PM
Generic Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Flint&Eric
i get back home after a short trip out and hear the sound of water hitting the floor... collection cup overflowed and the drain was not able to drain as quickly as it was skimming.

i shut down the skimmer, emptied the collecion cup and tried firing it up again with cup set as high as possible, and it was skimming out water very quickyl and would have filled in a few minutes....

quite frankly i'm ****ed, but i feel it's safe to say it's from all the foods and supps i've been dumping in to get the angel to eat. why all of a sudden it happened is my biggest question.
Sorry to see that. Same problem. The cup just barely in, air all the way open, running along fine and overflows for no reason. The little overflow pipe doesn't work, dont bother with it.

Try closing the air all the way for a very short time, forcing it to pump all H20, then open it. Be sure the airline is free of restrictions and all that. The friends I had with the skimmer moved and I have lost touch with them. I dont know how the MCE is doing these days. They were not feeding anything unusual. No additives or anything. Just normal light feeding.

My issue is this:
A "premium" HOB skimmer like a Deltec should NEVER overflow all over the floor. Ever. It should be designed so that it is not possible for the cup to overflow. Again, it has the little tube, which doesn't work.