View Single Post
Old 09/27/2007, 09:03 PM
Carpe Noctem

Quote:
Originally posted by FishTruck
Hop.

What an awesome build on your wet room!

Sorry to hear about your setback. Congrats on your huge comeback! This was the perfect thread for me. I am planning a wetroom and had no idea where to start.

If you don't mind, can you tell me in more detail what didn't work with your first design? I hope to learn from others mistakes where I can... Lord knows... I have PLENTY of my own to learn from.
Ryan.
Hey Ryan. Thanks for the comments and the interest in the thread. I apologize to you and everyone else if my answers and posts are slow at times, but a full time career and college are wearing me thin I actually have to take vacation to get this thing built

To answer this first question, if you are asking about the first build where the walls were blue, it was because of humidity, poor plumbing and the lack of proper temp control. All these contributed to issues. Certainly I could have worked around them, but it just wasn't my way of doing things

The problem with the original design for this build seen in the drawing was simply space and weight over the runs of wood, compiled with the fact I didn't want to see wires, or at least very few wires.