View Single Post
Old 12/27/2005, 04:14 PM
Registered Member

sgolden,

Well it seems that the bus never left the station, as not 1 printer ink cartridge was sent in from a hobbyist in the states (according to the ink recycling center).

We were recycling both laser and inkjet cartridges here in Am. Samoa but the cost of shipping the laser jet ones went up so much we couldn't continue sending the laser cartridges back (we had to pay 100% of the cost of shipping from Am. Samoa up front and actually lost money on the last shipment to the recycling center), the inkjet printer cartridges being so much smaller and lighter are still worth while and we are still collecting them here.

If someone wishes to help us with the project in the states I would consider keeping it going, but because of the lack of participation I think it's not worth the effort and it would be best if anyone wishing to recycle their printer cartridges to do it thru a program that's local for them.

I thank for your interest and if your group wishes to help there are many printer cartridge recycling programs where you can send your empties in to. If you still wish to donate to help CORL out with the proceeds from your efforts it would be very welcomed by CORL.

Fa'afetai Lava
Mike King