Thread: Humu Humu
View Single Post
Old 01/09/2008, 05:24 PM
Team RC Member

my triggers never stop begging, no matter how much they eat.

I think the reason some small triggers don't make it is that they are not fed often enough, so frequent feeding of a small one is good. does yours look nice and fat?

you may want to feed something more substantial than mysis because he is growing. mysis doesn't fill up my juvenile niger trigger or rabbitfish any more (both about 2.5-3") so I feed mysis daily, but also feed small chunks of frozen shrimp or scallops, as well as pieces of different Ocean Nutrition gel cubes, and Spectrum pellets.

IMO juvenile fish are growing and do need to be fed daily, up to 2x per day. they are not like adults, which can often get by every other day or couple days if necessary (which I never do with mine, they get fed AT LEAST once daily, usually twice.) even three small feedings are okay, IMO. I don't do this because I work during the day.

do understand that you will never feed a trigger or a puffer to satiety. they will always beg for more, so whether you feed 1x a day or more, don't overfeed. have you ever seen the puffers in many public aquaria? they look like softballs or soccer balls with fins. the triggers seem to stay a little trimmer, but you still don't want to overfeed.

Last edited by LisaD; 01/09/2008 at 06:03 PM.