View Single Post
Old 12/19/2007, 09:55 PM
Byte mechanic

My next door neighbour was some kind of scumbag. His wife left him and he squatted in the house next door. He dumpster dove to the point where the yard was FULL of "treasures". Since my driveway is next to his house, and the gate to his backyard...creepy people would park in front of my house and then walk ACROSS my driveway into his backyard...at 2AM, 3AM, etc. My wife (very foolishly) confronted one person one morning and they said "Uh, we're friends of Billy's"... coming buy at 6AM?

One problem was that the house had no light above the garage door and so slimebags could sneak back there (I think he was selling drugs). I bought automatic porch lights... or "security lights" (they are those spotlight kind of lights, not the nice porch lights) and installed them (lots of wiring!)...but by that time all the neighbours had complained to the house owner (it was the only rental on the street). And she evicted him, but he squatted for 4 months. Now a divroced woman and her two kids live there. The owner hauled two DUMPSTERS full of Billy's "treasures" off, and paid landscapers to make it nice. I spoke to other neighbours and confirmed that Billy was dealing drugs, and that for months, undercover cops had been staking out his place! Pretty creepy!

The automatic porch/security lights are pretty good at keep skulkers from feeling safe, and are really easy to install, if you already have a porch light installed. The cockroaches scurry when the lights come on!

V