View Single Post
Old 12/15/2007, 06:51 PM
Premium Member

Talking Downsized....My new 28 Gallon Nano SPS Build

I have not been on the sps forum in 2 months, also running tankless due to a move that took place back in November. I took a promotion and had to move quickly, so I broke down my 75 gallon sps bb tank and sold all livestock. I went tankless for about a month, and due to size limitations, and time itself, I wanted to design a small/ nano high tech sps tank as opposed to setting the 75 Gallon tank back up. This tank will be bb, and will use around 20lbs of tonga live rock. Salt will be Tropic Marin buffered with Oceans blend Magnesium. Once established, I will use a calcium reactor topped off with zeo-mag media to maintain stable CA/ALK/ MAG relationship. This tank will have tons of flow, approximately 4200 GPH or 150 times turnover. I have not decided on a fish list, or types of sps corals yet. I do however have my eye on a green milli colony at the LFS, and would like to have a green coris wrasse.

Here is a list of the items to be used:

*Solid Oak Cherry finish Stand
*28 Gallon Oceanic Bowfront
*15 Gallon Berlin Sump
*Mag 7 For Return Pump
*Euro-Reef CS6-3 Recirculating Mesh-modded Skimmer(Rated for
135 Gallons)
*Two Little Fishes Phosphate Reactor
*Milwaukee Ph Controller
*Schuran Pico Jetstream Calcium Reactor
*ATO Auto-top-off/ 10 Gallon AGA Tank for RO/DI
* 3X Tunze Nano Stream 6025 Modded Powerheads
*Coralvue Pendant w/ 250 watt Coralvue 20k DE HQI
*Coralvue 250 watt Electronic Ballast

Please feel free to provide feedback, comments, or advice concerning this tank. I am so excited to be back in the game!