View Single Post
Old 09/07/2007, 11:06 AM
Registered Member

Thanks Matt!

I don't think it's unreasonable to see 3 or 4 different club activities going on every month. Just look at how much better the club is now than is has been. Granted, the attendance might not be as large as our regular meetings.....But I like you guys....

I'd like to go do a DIY workshop every month or two....I'd show up at a ORCA appreciation day on a sunday afternoon...and I'll surely be there on this next trip and will start asking about the next one as soon as we get back. Down the road maybe we'll have giant frag events all by themselves, and some more "sidewalk sales"

Here's the Key......Members: Be Vocal....Let the Board and officers know what you'd like to do. Be helpful.....if you come across a cool oppertunity, find out what it would take to make it happen. Be Active: Help the club when and where you can. Just because you aren't the official activities director doesn't mean you can't help out.

This club was built and is maintained by volunteers. The more people that volunteer their help....the bigger and better our club will be. It takes more than just one guy to make things happen. It's way too much work for one person....or for the entire BOD for that matter. If you have an idea, or think and want to help out....even just a little....PLEASE do

I don't think I've ever seen a situation where credit wasn't given where credit was due.

Remember elections are coming up.....This club is what WE make of it. PLEASE come out to the next meeting and put your name on the list....and after the elections are over......the new crew will still welcome fresh ideas and a bit of help here and there.