View Single Post
Old 11/13/2007, 09:12 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by goldmaniac
maybe I got crap bulbs, but I have an Odyssea hood that states that the metal halide bulbs - HQI's - are 175 watt. I'm starting to doubt that, as I can't find replacements ANYWHERE.

I think the (only) bulbs I found online (15k's) look like crap. Everything looks green, my Flame Angel doesn't pop orange much more than with the 20k, the skunk cleaner shimp don't pop any more than before and the RPE's are still drab and dull.

Does anyone know if Odyssea is making up 175w bulbs? I'd love ot be able to choose among 150w bulbs... Does the Phoenix 14k show lots of color? I'm really surprised how poor these 15k bulbs look.

thanks again,
G.
Sorry to talk crap about odyssea but their really not good. I'll be honest, at first I couldn't afford anything and I did have a odyssey. Actually I had a Odysea recently on my jbj 24 gallon cube that was 250 watts with the phoenix. I heard the wiring on a odysea isn't electrically complient to US standards (maybe a rumor if anyone knows more please educate us). I love the phoenix, it a perfect blend of blue and white Basically a light blue ocean water. But he get what you pay for the bulb was $70+ dollars online. I compared the light with what the oddysea came with a 250 20k compared to the 250 14k phoenix, can you say night and day.

Try ebay for 175 hqi's? Cheap and maybe a nicer color...