View Single Post
Old 08/14/2007, 08:43 PM
R I P we miss you...

Quote:
Originally posted by Hop
There was an article not too long ago that was relating migraines to a heart disorder. More research was required, but they ran into the discovery through medical research in another area.
My Mom suffered from migraines for over a year. She would sometimes have 2 a day! We live in Ohio and she was sent to the Cleveland Clinic. They looked at all the tests she had done (including a stress test which came back normal) and said they didn't have any other tests to try. They started her on a new medication Neurontin. A week later she was having heart symptoms. We took here to ER then she was admitted. They did a heart cath a few days later and said she needed stents. She was sent to Miami Valley in Dayton where the cath was read by another Dr. and found she needed 4 bypasses! They could only do 3 because the fourth was the size of a thread and had already started branching out on it's own. They did the bypass surgery the next morning and she has not had a headache since! Even the Cleveland Clinic said the headaches should have nothing to do with her heart. I guess they were wrong huh?

I had migraines for years. I had my gallbladder removed a few years ago and haven't had a migraine since.

Western Ohio Reef Club

Click the red house for my 125 progress!