View Single Post
Old 04/17/2004, 12:11 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JOHNNYHO
real great tank, love the wk you did on the cabintry finish, just 1 question, why didnt you go with a taller tank? 20" is not alot of height for sps to grow if thats what your planning to grow, man that clown is really getting blown all over that tank, how many time is the water turning? i want mine to do that but i only have a 1" corner overflow bulkhead that is rated at 600gph and on my return pump it pumps 1200gph but with all the headloss it comes back at maybe 300gph in my tank, any sugestion? thx john
Tony nailed the 20" question. The lack of sandbed and the fact that the rocks aren't stacked very high gives me plenty of room for growth. The reason I didn't go any higher was because I wanted to be able to reasonably easily access any part of the tank. A three foot wide tank any deeper than 20" and I would need my scuba mask on to work in it.

Conservatively estimating 3000 gph. It's probably actually 4000.

You could put a closed loop in without drilling the tank. I've got one like that installed on this tank, just haven't gotten to that part yet...

If you want to know - ask. But I won't promise you'll like the answer.