View Single Post
Old 04/17/2004, 10:52 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Greg, with such a well thought out system, tank design, plumbing, carpentry, what about the electrical.
Ow. This is one I screwed up good. I made a faulty assumption right up front that led to an interesting debacle.

The wet room is on the corner of two walls of the great room. I went on memory that the two outlets already on those two walls were on different circuits. So, I figured I'd be ok with two 20 amp circuits, no problem.

Well, it turns out that my memory isn't very good, and that not only were both outlets on the same circuit, so was the rest of the great room.

So, right about the time the last set of pictures was taken (plumbing had already started) I realized this problem and needed to fix it.

The real problem is that getting power to the wet room means putting wire through a tiny little crawlspace about 40' long. Remember, that the great room has a vaulted ceiling (no attic).

It took me an entire Saturday to run two 10 gauges wires through that crawlspace. My attic is not finished so I had to climb the ladder on one side, crawl on the beams (roof is to short to walk) all the way to the crawlspace, move the wire a foot until it gets stuck, crawl back out, go down the ladder, walk across the house to the other attic, climb the ladder, crawl on the beams to the crawlspace, fix whatever was causing the wire to stick, over, and over, and over again.

I ran 1 1/4" electrical conduit through the crawlspace, but getting the wire through the conduit without help proved to be difficult and stupid. With a second hand I probably could have done it in a couple hours. I'm kinda stubborn once I get started on something I don't want to stop. LOL

If you want to know - ask. But I won't promise you'll like the answer.