View Single Post
Old 04/17/2004, 08:39 AM
Premium Member

Ok, now on to the plumbing. Keep in mind that a lot of this was changed as the project progressed. This plumbing was mostly a test run to see how my design was going to pan out. Some things have changed quite a bit, some are exactly the same.

I decided not to drill the sump even though it would be easy enough to do. Instead, I dropped a 2" 'hook' over the top to feed the pump. The 1" plumbing goes through a 1.5" wye which splits the flow to either side of the tank.

These returns are now running the length of the tank and shooting back towards the overflow instead of how they are pictured here.

Here are the 2" drain pipes. You can see that I have the other two holes plugged at this point. I'm now using one more of the holes, but we'll get to that later. I chose the rubber hose clamp unions instead of the fancy ones because there isn't much room in there. They work fine. I do butt the pipes right against each other in the union so that there is minimal water contact with the rubber. I will probably replace them now that I'm fairly certain I'm not going to change my design any more.

If you want to know - ask. But I won't promise you'll like the answer.