View Single Post
Old 01/03/2008, 05:02 PM
Registered Member

My recomendation to help with the hairy stuff is a Sailfin/Algae Blenny. I had one and it took care of all that I had in my tank. More info :

The Sailfin/Algae Blenny is also referred to as Jewelled Rockskipper or the Lawnmower, Jeweled Blenny, or Rock Blenny. Its body is a mottled tan with blue dots and it shows tons of personality.
A well-established 30 gallon or larger aquarium with multiple swimming levels and plenty of rock is a suitable environment. It is not usually aggressive unless the tank mates appear to have a similar shape as it does. It is best to house singly unless kept in a larger tank and the two are a mated pair. It tends to perch and hop from rock to rock looking for microalgae to graze on. It is known to nip at small-polyped stony coral and clam mantles.

The Sailfin/Algae Blenny does best in well-established aquariums with large amounts of natural algae to feed on. The diet can be supplemented with vegetable matter, Spirulina, and herbivore preparations.

Approximate Purchase Size: Small: 1" to 2"; Medium: 2-1/2" to 3"; Large: 3" to 5"