View Single Post
Old 11/21/2007, 10:40 PM
Registered Member

blackheart- Alot of the talk was derived from Mike's book, "Ultimate Marine Aquariums." PM me and I'll ask the club to see if we have any specific links.

Quote:
Your tank is pretty small for any anemone, unfortunately. BTAs don't stay small and cute, as you've seen in my Nano. And due to the flow in your tank, I don't know what anemone would be happy and not wander everywhere (including your overflow).
melev- Truer words have never been spoken. It is wishful thinking on my part. I'd love to see them host in a cap. Funny you mention that, because I just added a piece of small orange cap I got at the meeting.

I'm hoping I've solved the mesh issue. I stopped at Lowes after work and found some small black zip ties. I used these to make the mesh as taught as possible and to keep it secure around the teeth. I had two clowns in the sump again... I've also trimmed off all the excess and tied the one side around the Korallia's power cord.

You're a braver man than I, there's no way I'm shoving sponge back there..

FUA- Can you post some pictures of what you came up with- I'm having a hard time picturing it.

I did alot of work tonight. I started organizing my downstairs closet so I have more room for tank paraphernalia. There's a whole section of my "quick grab items."

The salinity is now closer to 1.025. Diatoms are spreading so I wiped off the inside panels with my hands again. I decided to do a water change(3.5 gallons) so that I can keep up with my weekly schedule- this will be my second. Also, I had the two frags in quarantine since Sunday, so I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone and acclimate them then. I saw no reason to keep these frags in quarantine longer than 3 days. I also grabbed a couple of Tongan Nassarious and Trochus Snails from my quarantine and acclimated them. I plopped the Trochus down right on the brown algae coating the Korallia and they immediately went to town.

While the water was draining I used the vinyl tubing to siphon out detritus from underneath the rocks, and I vacuumed the quarantine tank. I added more water as I had not been too mindful about replacing it from acclimating frags.

The two new frags look great, a nice healthy piece of super hairy green mille and an orange cap. The tips on the Mille subtley fluoresce under the light.

Someone was asking for a new FTS, so instead I shot a few quick videos tonight which I will post soon. Let me know what you think!

Last edited by InsaneClownFish; 11/21/2007 at 10:48 PM.