View Single Post
Old 12/19/2007, 06:22 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by EnderG60
Where in GA are ya?

as far as the skimmers go building one isnt that hard(especially when your looking in the $8000 range), and a 120g skimmer for a 1100g tank is not that gynormis(just think of those 120g water storage tanks, 3ft diam and 6ft tall). Just get a dart needlewheel or two on it. If you dont want to build one get with spazz(the guy up there^), he builds pretty big *** skimmers. Or if your close enough and dont mind waiting I can whip up something for ya.

I would also look into doing some type of wave or surge system, as that will get alot more movement for the money/energy. That and ive had great results on huge systems with the use of sea swirls(or wavey sea's) with Tunze's strapped to them.

Other stuff I would recommend for large systems like yours, would be a sulphur denitrator, dehumidifer(big one) a ground loop for cooling, and a setup for making/changing water with at a capacity of about 50% of your system(trust me on this one it will come in handy at some point)

Drop me a PM if you have any questions or anything
I'm in North Georgia more specifically Habersham. Like I said before I will most likely build my own skimmer (if I can find some plans) but I have to do my research, because if I can buy a skimmer that will do what I need it to for about the same as I would spend doing it myself then I would be a fool to build one.

What is the point of a sulphur denitrator? I don't think I'm going to use a dehumidifier. I am going to do something like Jonathans set-up using positive and negative air flow along with a Euro style AC unit. I have thought of doing a ground loop, but I need to do more research on the subject and figure out how to control the system... I will not be using a wave maker, and I plan on having a large mixing tank for water changes (I have the perfect place in my crawl-space for a 500 gallon tank).