View Single Post
Old 08/16/2007, 09:34 PM
Excuse My French...

Week 8 - Day 50 - Thursday August 16th - Around 7pm

- Did my routine weekly water change, siphoning out snail poop, some cyano and various detritus in the process. A little less than 3 gallons.

- Tested water:
Nitrites: Zero
Nitrates: 5 ppm, maybe a bit less

- All animals healthy.

- Another pest algae has started to appear here and there: very long thin green filaments, somewhat looking like spiderweb, growing amazingly fast since yesterday. I fear a massive infestation and I will reduce the photoperiod tomorrow. (11 hours of light from noon until 11pm but with some natural light from 7am to noon)

- ID of the Day: What is this green little thingy that this snail contemplate???

- And finally the picture of the day...

Musho3210: Yes, 20 years. Started with guppies. Took care of Asian fishes, American cyclids, African cyclids, ended FW with breeding Blue Discus. Then I moved to Southern California in 1998 where I saw a number of tanks devastated by earthquakes... Then I move to Seattle in end 2000, and it took me some time before starting again a tank.

Many things have changed since the late 90's: Live rocks have become quite affordable and marine equipment is now available at reasonable prices on the Internet. The LFS racket has come to an end with the advent of the Internet. Furthermore, plenty of documentation is now just a few clicks away and that helps a lot too....

ReefMack: If I were good at doctoring pictures in PhotoShop, I would definitely add a pair of white headphones to the peppermints...