View Single Post
Old 01/10/2008, 02:22 AM
Registered Member

Where did your friend send you the puffer from?

Quote:
Originally posted by justinpsmith
I agree with shipping. Just do not get yourself into a situation like mine...I still get upset thinking about it and its been 3 years! I was pretty attached to that big guy and it is horrible not knowing what customs would have done with him.

I had a friend send me a juvenile Porc Puffer last year and we just did it through an over night service...I think it was UPS but I don't remember for sure. All he did was have a LFS package the puffer for me in really huge bags that were tripled up and filled with pure oxygen and then put into one of those white styrofoam (sp.) coolers with a few heat packs. Then wrapped it in thick brown paper and packing tape. Huge lettering that said fragile, this side up and something about not getting cold. Nothing about fish and I don't think they ever knew it was fish. The puffer arrived in great shape but seahorses may be a bit more sensitive. Also who knows how customs will be with importing. They will most likely open the package before it can enter and that could be bad. I have been to Brazil a long time ago and they were super tight at customs because they get lots of drugs through there.

Another thing though is that there are some of the most beautiful Seahorses from Brazil. The ones Im thinking of are quite large and quite green. VERY stunning seahorses. But I understand if its because you have a connection with the ones you have and want to take them...