View Single Post
Old 07/20/2004, 07:31 PM
TRC Leader

Thanks guys.

I just got back and the tank is 72" long x 30" wide x 30" tall. I'm really glad it isn't 36" tall. There is maybe 1" of sand in the tank currently, so it can be siphoned out and reused without issue.

Adding the interior walls is nothing. Cutting the hole isn't a big deal. Wiring and plumbing will take some time, and the ductwork can be added a bit later.

Yes, the livestock of the 29g and the 55g will go in this tank.

Brandon, if you want to help move the alarm panel, that would be great. On the other side of the wall, there is some type of alarm sensor, probably for the keyfob. I need to move it as well, so it will be outside the fish room. There is actually another phone jack just to the right of that door for some reason, so I'll just get a new phone and mount it on the wall.

When the garage door opens, it will just have a small room in the rear corner. I'm planning on adding another door in the new wall so that I can go through the fish room from the garage to the house.

Hopefully I can get the new area ready this Saturday. Final woodwork (trim) will come later, but for now I just want to get it in place.