View Single Post
Old 12/01/2006, 11:22 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by J_Geisinger000
hte only way they can hold money from the seller is if they have funds in there paypal account

they cant just take money fom another personl account
Actually they can...for money deposited in to someone elses account electronically, federal banking law allows the depositing institution (PayPal in this case) to retrieve the funds electronically when the error is caught...even if this causes the other person's account to go negative they have the right to do it legally...if a dispute is filed through PayPal and the buyers wins, seller doesn't dispute, or whatever, this is considered under the same law...so, PayPal can at any time take money from you that they sent to you if they have can justify their reason...you just have to jump through all of the hoops to get it back...I know this because I worked in the finance industry for over 5 years at the supervisory level...

Hope that helps...I'm going through something similar right now, but I didn't use PayPal and paid cash...I got the item and realize it had problems...wish I would have used PayPal for the dispute process...let that be a lesson to all...

Current Livestock -

Yellow Tang // ORA Clown
Flame Angel // Sailfin Blenny
Pair Cleaner Shrimp // Sexy Anemone Shrimp
T Maxima Clam // Sebae Anemone