View Single Post
Old 04/30/2004, 04:52 PM
Registered Member

Thumbs up Old Dogs!

Scuba Dog!
Quote:
i liked the old horse collar BC's as well
Wow! OK, OK ok, ok I admit, I liked em too. No clutter. no retractors for those who cant manage all thier must have clutter..no logo... gadgets. . remote control buttons ( breath tube?)...no hot pink...no over controlled boyancy... no pockets (well one small one for a mirror and a used CO2). Did I mention no clutter? Yup, I guess I miss em too. I think I gave mine to my youngest daughter to use as a snorkel vest, maybe circa 1979. Made a great pillow on the beach too. What is/was neat about the thing was that it worked, and was the ultimate in simplicity.
Do you have a "Conch Shell" Reg. also? remember... sucking air through a freezing up bar straw? Used to get a kick watching the bad guys on Sea Hunt cut the good guys exaust hose... and the diver in the simulated panic! Reminds me of an underwater touristo surfacing and discovering that its not his boat!
Training Method for the most part has improved I think. But a lot has been lost as well...Eyles and Fontova, Barskey and Hendrick should be mandatory reading, maybe with disertation a requirement for cert. ?
Yup, its come a long ways... and most of the changes really are great....But pretty soon you wont even have to be a swimmer!
Seadog6 out there sippin air...