View Single Post
Old 12/18/2006, 03:02 AM
Premium Member

Re: Other side of the story people.

Quote:
Originally posted by BubbleMonkeyIII
First, what he fails to mention is that I felt bad that he found ANOTHER wire loose in the fixture when he first contacted me when he got the light home.
Bah! I call BS already who cares if you felt bad, you lied about the state of the fixture to begin with!!!
Quote:
I told him I found TWO loose wires after taking off he endcap when I attempted to re-attach the bulbs in the fixture..
You listed the fixture as NEW, you never mentioned that you did surgery to it! You lied and are trying to back peddle...sad!
Quote:
Most of all, He also fails to mention I tried to make it "RIGHT" with him offering in the end of our discussions giving him approx $100.00 off MSRP of NEW Equipment for the hassles of the wiring on the unit and my lack of being CLEAR about it in the thread. I guess that wasnt good enough for him?
You lied? What don't you understand about that. It is fraud.
Quote:
After hearing the whole story from my side of the coin, I think you will see the ONLY one who lost money here is ME!
You were dishonest so the whole mess is really your fault.
Quote:
He asked me if I got the light this way or did i mess with it.. I could have EASILY LIED when he asked me If I recieved the fixture in this condtion, which would have been REALLY EASY.
What a joke... you already DID LIE!!! What do you not get about that? So you are saying you could have convinced him that the factory did a hack soldering job like that? Dude spin? Your spinning so fast your starting to gyrate.
Quote:
But....No, I told the truth admitted I had fixed that one HQI wire and told him so right then. End of Story.
And somehow admitting that you lied makes you noble and the victim? Priceless!
Quote:
After this admission, he barraged me with all kinds of questions and drama about what I did or didnt do to the light and how I lied to him about it in the thread and modified this and that...etc etc.. Making claims and accusations about what I did or didnt do to the light and my intentions with it.
And? You lied and suckered the guy into a transaction based on the lie. You are now crying about having to put up with an irate man who you ripped off? Again priceless!
Quote:
After thinking about how I listed the item after he complained about it, ( I Looked back at the thread where it was listed) I probably shouldnt have used "BRAND NEW" in the thread.
It never occured to you that BRAND NEW meant BRAND NEW? Not opened and operated on? Again priceless! I gotta have this thread printed and put on my wall.
Quote:
And listed it as "USED" and "AS IS". But in my defense I stated CLEARLY that the item had been USED For 5 min or so testing the light out right in the thread!
What the hell does that have to do with you operating on the light? New and Tested are a far cry from opened and modified (and wrongly to boot). Do you really want us to believe this nonsense (do you REALLY beleive it yourself?)
Quote:
As for "perfect working condition" The last time I had power to it, EVERYTHING WORKED FINE, only the ballast was cooking and I righteously figured it was about to catch fire for other reasons..
I wrapped my car around a telephone pole an hour after a guy sent me a check to buy it. It WAS NEW last time I drove it! Your a piece of work... but this is fun!
Quote:
(anyone who reads about this knows what Im talking about) Course he told me I was lying, the ballast weren't the problem and couldnt have gone bad so fast.

I told him he didnt do his HOMEWORK and provided ODYSSEA FIRE THREADS. hehehe (capacitors fry on these sometimes in minutes sometimes in days. also LOOSE stuff like bolts has and can short things out in the ballasts IMMEDIATELY)
None of this matters. You said the fixture was NEW and and EVERYTHING WORKED FINE. You stated the ballast was dead... so leave it at that. You lied to the guy... why would he beleive anything else you have to say?
Quote:
As far as the fixture being "Brand NEW" the light was BRAND new as far as I was concerned. It was never used for more than 5 min total. Never saw a tank top, never PLUGGED IN FOR more than 5 min max. Also that BLue Wave Ballast that was also sold to him? Is BRAND NEW NEVER PLUGGE IN with about 50$ worth of free cords thrown in with it. IT also STILL Has 4yr MFG warranty on it.
As far as your concerned? Dude you modified the ballast. Who cares if you threw in $200 worth of McDonalds gift certificates. You lied and have yet to realize what the problem is.
Quote:
The OVERALL CONDITION OF the fixture was IMMACTULATE and the bulbs were BRAND NEW with only minutes of time on them
..SO WHAT? You act as if you should get some sympathy for doig the guy a favor and not lying about that as well.
Quote:
The only issue I felt he had about the condition was the wire that I repaired which I felt he had an argument there, esp with the way I posted the ad. Never denied this from day one.
THAT IS THE WHOLE ISSUE. YOU LIED. YOU SHOULD REFUND THE GUYS MONEY!

God.. you wrote a book... I can't go on. It all says the same things over and over. Your contorting yourself into strange alien shapes to justify the fact that you decieved somebody and got caught. If I were the OP I would have you in court in a heartbeat. Why? Not because you lied, but because you still don't get it.

Ohh sorry folks... I was only goint to heckle from the balconey... but wow!