View Single Post
Old 06/15/2006, 05:32 PM
angelfish nut!

The biggest scam in my 20 years in the hobby BEWARE OF TANGEY

Let me preface this by saying that I've been a member here for years and have a standup reputation and have sold/traded frags for years with 100% positive feedback. My old system was featured as TOTM in September '04 and I wrote up the article for Reefkeeping Mag... many people could vouch for me here...

This was not a sale on RC, but the user "tangey" is a member here and he actively sought me out through PMing me. He ended up buying this package pictured below, with 2 true Perun PPEs, 25+ safecrackers, and others...

Anyway, I was cruising another board dedicated to nanoreefs where I'm Brooklyn Johnny and I saw zoanthid frags being sold with pictures and these were zoos I had shipped to tangey the week before. He was selling them at over 300% of what I sold them for, stating how he had gotten the PPEs from Blane Perun when he had gotten them from me less than a week before... True safecrackers were in the package (25+) and he sold out of them for $10 a polyp, amounting to more thn the entire package I sold to him...

This was the bad part... not the disgusting feel sick to your stomach scam part...

TANGEY (ANGELMAN23 on the other board) WROTE THROUGH PERSONAL E-MAIL THE DAY AFTER ARRIVAL THAT HIS PPE FRAG WAS DEAD. THIS IS THE SAME PPE FRAG IN THE PICTURE OPENED AND PERFECTLY HEALTHY. I AM IN MY OFFICE RIGHT NOW WITH ANOTHER PPE FRAG READY TO SHIP TO HIM AT MY EXPENSE BECAUSE HIS "DIED AND WAS THROWN IN THE TRASH" THE DAY AFTER BEING RECIEVED. Little did I know it was sold here at a markup when he was getting another frag in the mail... I nearly mailed this out to him...

I'll post pictures here and will be happy to provide the personal e-mails and Fedex information to Skipper or another admin if they want to see this so they could get his IP. Selling at a profit less than a week later is just bad taste, but scamming me is something else...

This is the lowest thing I've seen in 20 years in the hobby...

Needless to say tangey, you won't get your replacement PPE frag tomorrow...

These are the two pictures he posted showing clearly the same PPE, safecracker, and dragon eye frag in his picture. Does this PPE looked "dead and in the trash"?

He goes on to mention how he will have more PPEs in the future, awaiting my free replacement sent Priority Fedex Overnight.

Oh and by the way he received my PM about this over an hour ago and no response... the benefits of premium membership

Admins, this guy should not be allowed to seek out other RC members as he did with me...

Thanks,

Copps

Attention to detail!

Just say NO to detritus

What is recommended to the novice and what experienced reefers do are two different things.