View Single Post
Old 05/12/2005, 07:36 PM
Moved On

Look, here's the issue: HE has filed for the claim with Fedex, so the money will be given back to HIM by Fedex. He'll be getting his money back within time. It's not as though mister big-shot $200-an-hour accountant (read his above comment) needs the money right this minute, whereas I have put it towards rent. I know it's an issue of principle, and not just money alone, but that's exactly it. I've done everything that I can for this man, and he continues to make me out to be a monster.

Besides, considering his character--trying to intimidate me, insulting me, and flat-out lying (saying that I demanded that he mail me cash[?!], among other ridiculous claims and accusations, not to mention his wild conspiracy theories)--how can I be sure that he'll return the money to me after Fedex returns it to him? It sounds to me like he just wants a free tank AND $200.

Besides, that's why Fedex has insurance. It's Fedex's insurance, not my personal insurance. I'm not a store, and don't have some constant flow on money to be refunding people. You can save money by buying from a person, or you can pay more for the services that stores provide, including brand-new merchandise, PAID customer service, and returns/refunds to be paid for by the store. You forget that you pay more at a store for all of those things, things that you can't reasonably expect from an individual.

I've been polite, curteous, and helpful through this entire thing, and yet I've been treated like some kind of scum. I don't have to do any of this--I do it because I value customer satisfaction. But there are some people with some kind of mental disorder that simply can NOT be pleased, regardless of what you do. You can bend over backwards for them, and they'll still complain, demand, slander, and fly off the handle. Every seller has come across these people--you try your best, but there's nothing from here to high Heaven that you can do to fix the situation.

The bottom line: HE'LL BE GETTING HIS MONEY BACK FROM FEDEX!