View Single Post
Old 05/10/2005, 12:04 AM
Moved On

Look, it's not as though I don't want to file the claim--he offered to file it himself; I never refused to do so. It wasn't until recently, when he started accusing me of insurance fraud, that he said,

"You should be spending your time on this problem, NOT ME. Unless you are willing to pay me the $200 per hour which I stand to lose for each otherwise "Billable Hour" to my clients that I spend on this... "

Nevermind the abrasive tone that's been prevalent in ALL his emails--I never refused to file! I only suggested that it'd be easier if he do it, as I explained above, and so he agreed. Now all of a sudden things "look fishy" (haha) and he thinks I'm some kind of scam artist. I've been openly willing to do what it takes to fix the problem, but only something reasonable! I've been nothing but polite and he's running off at the mouth, completely obsessed with the idea that there is some grand conspiracy in all of this. Is it really that strange that an aquarium broke in shipping?! It happens a lot--it's a risk you take.

Of course I want this to be worked out, but a refund is both unreasonable and impossible--again, the money went toward more important things. I have a life outside of my aquarium, if you can believe that! As far as a partial refund, that's just ridiculous. He saw the condition of the tank. He saw those photos! If you buy something and decide that you were charged too much for the item--in your opinion--well, that's how it is. It happens a lot, that the buyer and the seller have different opinions of what the item is worth. But that's how it works, especially online, and especially if you've SEEN the item. Those were not blurry photos--they're pretty clear to me, and I have extremely poor eyesight.

If you talk to the other people I've dealt with here and on NR, you'd see that I'm absolutely concerned about customer service. I treat my customers with respect, and keep a straight face and a polite demeanor even when they're screaming in my ear about my tank-crushing conspiracies and calling me a liar. I've been trying to do what I can, but as I've been very patient, so should he!