View Single Post
Old 01/05/2008, 11:52 AM
Registered Member

Thanks for all of your help everyone, I really appreciate it, and I'm sure the teacher and students will as well.

For reflectors: (keep in mind, I no very little about t12's...)

Each of the bulbs appears to have a 180 degree built in reflector inside the actual bulb. There is definitely still light hitting the canopy instead of the tank though, so I have advised him we should add a reflector. There's not much room above the bulbs, so is there anything in particular that you would recommend?

As for croceas and maximas - that's what I was thinking, some guy was trying to sell him some. I told him the next week he'd seel you metal halides, and the week after that he'd sell him a chiller lol.

I think a derasa on the sand would be perfect, and we will look into that.

It's sad how many people have been trying to rip this guy off. This tank was setup and maintained by donations from the towns civic club and the parents of the students, and all along every fish store in a 50 mile radius is trying to screw him over.

He has a BEATIFUL umbrella leather, that is about 14" tall, and the cap is 16" across or so, and it is stunning. Some guy tried to buy it from him for like a hundred bucks or so. Looking at this coral, I think you get close to $100 worth of frags every month from it!!!!

The guy that sold him t-12's just a year ago, is already trying to convince him to buy a T5 set up from him now...