View Single Post
Old 01/20/2007, 11:42 AM
Premium Member

Well, woke up this morning to an overflowing skimmer and a tank full of green water.. pretty much expected, just not this fast . I'll bet the pods are having a smorgasborg field day.... I definitely don't need to dose any more phytofeast for a while... must have been some left over from the dose I did over a week ago.. doesn't take much . So, if it turned to green water overnight, that prtty much means that the tank had already cycled, with the little bit of rock and sand that I put in a couple of weeks ago, doesn't it ? Definitely not enough to support the bioload of moving all of our livestock over, but at least it had something established. Either way I will be adding more LS today from our currect tank, just for good measure .

I thought and thought and am still not sure how I am going to aquascape this. The biggest challenge is that the starfire makes everything look so close to the front of the glass, so there is no real sense of depth. Looking from the front the tank looks crowded right now (but then again I did just pile everything in yesterday, so crowded is what it is ), but if you look down from the top it is rather "open", with lots of space to the front and back. I think we will end up moving the rock to the back and sides, more so than I did initially, and see how things look after that. As I was placing some of those rocks in I had the thought of all of those threads about building rock pillars... when I stood most of these up they were their own pillars, reaching above 3/4 of the way to the top of the tank.

Well, today wil likely be taken up with the paint, trim and maybe even door, I don't have any plans to touch the rocks/tank so far... I think I will just let it settle in and see what transpires .

If I have time I will finish up adding the VHOs to the lighting rack, although running any lights right now is not in my plan (outside of moving the LS over, which is a small, quick task).. the green water gets plenty of spill over light from our fuge and propr tanks to feed it's light need... more than maybe I would like