View Single Post
Old 01/15/2005, 08:54 PM
Moved On

Hi,

Just wanted to share my experience with triggerfish if I may...We have a clown and a huma huma(picasso), along with a blue tang, coral beauty, mandarin goby,scooter blenny, tomato clown, and a sally lightfoot crab, all together in our 125 along with over 30 different corals at present.

This spring I planned on getting a much larger tank, mainly for the simple reason of no more room lol, and id like to get many more corals I think, but not more than another fish or two maybe, we have a yellow tang as well but it is in a defferent tank at the moment.

I was thinking of a 500-600 gallon tank and wanted to ask someone with more experience with triggers how big they could eventually become, I know the blue tang could get big, but dont know about the triggers, and so far they havent bothered my corals to much at all, except for one time when the picasso was put in tank, it nibbled on one leather 2 nips, and thats it.

As long as they are kept fed well I dont forsee a problem, but if someone knows different please let me know, because I have had a couple people say when they get bigger, is when they start to show the more aggressive side??? Is this proven fact, or just a more often than not statement???

Anyhow anyone which wouldnt mind sharing thier experiences with them, I would apprecciate it very much, as these guys are one of the more looked at species in the tank when visitors come by, I definitely want to keep them, and therefore need to find out more about them, so thanks and im off to read some more lol.

Frank