View Single Post
Old 01/09/2004, 06:50 PM
Registered Member

I have a small (1.5") Clown trigger that was 1" when I purchased it about 5 months ago. It had always eatten agressively, until about 4 weeks ago. It started only grabbing one bite of food at each feeding. After a I returned from the holidays, the fish-sitter told me that it has stopped eating entirely. I had fed it Lifeline (green and red), Formula One, Prime reef, and occasional raw shrimp. It will not eat any of these. The LFS recommended guppies, but he will not even chase them. (Guess I will have to find some other use for the guppies. they are about 3/4 as big as the trigger...) Last night I tried a variatey of fresh seafoods: Squid, mussell, scallops, shrimp. I held the food in my fingers, and he would swim up and bite my fingers and ignore the food. (Little Shop of Horrors...)

Anyway, I do have 2 water paramater problems. I had tested the water about 1 week after the trigger stopped eating, and the PH was 8.3, and then I had changed the water. A week later, the PH was 8.6. I have no idea why, but I have done 2 quick changes and lowered it to 8.4. No other fish seemed affected by this. The LFS also tested Phosphates for me, and it was 2ppm. They gladly sold me some expensive phosphate removal medium. I am going to go to the store tomorrow and have them re-tested. All other basic tests the LFS had within acceptable parameters, and I confirmed with my own tests (ammonia=0, nitrire=0 nitrate=10 salinity=.020 temp=78)

Anyone have any ideas for irristable foods?

Thanks,
K