View Single Post
Old 01/03/2004, 11:52 PM
Registered Member

I am somewhat new to the operation of these boards - quotes etc. but have taken some time to write the following (although incomplete I am getting sleepy and may come back to finish another day - I also have a decent picture or two but was warned about posting on the board. I will try to post it on some other space and link it later.
I imported this fish from Bali - a really decent supplier amongst many. I ordered it for a maintenace co. caring for a large tank at one of the local McDonald Restaurants. It was over 10" long as requested (XXL). Consideringthat these triggers will go to the rocks for protection and wedge themselves in with the use of their trigger extended such that you couldn't get one out without a pliers, most of these fish - usually the tiny and small ones - are chemical captured. I have noticed that the small one seemed to be more triangular shaped than the longer adult sized. Because the maintenance guy never came to pick up this fish for various reasons and because the pet shops in my area were not really interested in a fish this size I had to keep him for over a year and a half. I feed him nothing I would not eat myself from the fresh fish department at the local supermarket where the workers still ask how my fish is doing. When feeding, especially fresh cold water atlntic mussels the colors would intensify noticeably (Green stripe across the face, yellow lips and other markings). When hungry he was a maniac, when full I could pet and scratch his his head and nose. He would spit water at me when hungry coming three to four inches or more out of the water to what seemed like a dog begging. I contacted "Thiel" who claimed to be breeding these asking for body shape differences between male & female but he never responded. To see any difference on should view about 8 -12 sexually mature specimens and scrutinize them for some time - like in th eold days picking out breeding stock of fresh water angels and discus. I WILL TRY TO RETURN AND FINISH THIS QUESTIONAIRE AND PROVIDE PICTURES. There should be a better way to set this up. I never had to answer so many questions all at once - what a survey!