View Single Post
Old 06/23/2007, 06:12 PM
Team RC Member

46bfinGA - Thanks for the comment! The stand is going to sit on travertine tile. With 8 leveling screws I figured the weight would be distributed fairly well and not risk harming the floor. Do you disagree? If you think this is unwise I could always put some material between the feet and the floor, as this will eventually be covered from view by the wood skin. Looking forward to your reply.

invincible569 - Glad you found this thread so quickly, Edward. Please keep up with it so you can impart the wisdom you've acquired with your beautiful rimless tank.

More pics you ask? OK, here's the tank still in the shop. Love that blue Starphire! The cutouts in the overflow are for a 3/4" Locline return (from the chiller) and a 1" Omniflex nozzle return (from the sump).

GSMguy - Thanks for the link, I'd like to have a pair of those clown for my office tank.

You nailed it with the lights - way to go Radar! I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of a 48" 10-bulb 54W ATI PowerModul. None have been shipped to the U.S. thus far, so I'm in a holding pattern regarding the lights. This isn't all bad since it will encourage me to stock very slowly and allow things to mature. I'll be able to kick start the system with my 250W MH pendant until the light arrives, as I feel it will be worth it to wait for the PowerModul as opposed to getting something different. If I just can't stand it I could always go with a MH/T5 fixture like the Sfiligoi, but I prefer to use all T5's.

hatfielj - Thanks for the nice words, and glad you found this thread. Texas is a great reefing state.