View Single Post
Old 02/12/2005, 12:26 AM
Premium Member

I am a funeral director and I'm happy to see all the positive comments about funeral prearrangement. One thing that I have not seen mentioned is pre-payment. Paying for the funeral in advance usually guarantees the cost of services and merchandise. The funeral home will place the funds in an insurance policy or trust where it draws interest until the time of need. The interest offsets inflation so you pay todays price and not the price ten or twenty years later. The funeral home will guarantee this!

Its funny that this thread is here because every year at MACNA we all get to drinking and sooner or later somebody starts talking about funerals and asking me questions. Ok, now for a funny story.

There was a funeral for a veteran one day. The widow awaited the military honors as the minister concluded his prayer at the muddy graveside. It was a typical day for a funeral in January, it was raining and cold and the chairs had been slowly sinking into the mud. The master seargent cried out “PRESENT ARMS�,……�AIM�……….�FIRE�. Just as the guns went off, the widows seat gave into the mud, she fell backwards out of her chair, and her ten year old grandson yelled out “OH MY GOSH THEY SHOT GRANDMA!!�