View Single Post
Old 02/08/2005, 02:28 PM
getto king

Quote:
second hand smoke can hardly be compared to beating a child, tearing his toenailso out with pliers, starving him to death, chaining him in a tiny unlit cold closet, sexually torturing him. these are not made up...unless you're living under a rock somewhere, everyone of these allegations appeared on the news. i believe it was in florida. not just one family, it was 2 or 3.
So it is okay since it is over a longer period of time. Two wrongs don't make a right.

I grew up a child of a smoker and I get smokers caugh to this day once in awhile. I will not allow others to smoke around my children. I know what second hand smoke can do to somebody, so why would you ever expose your kids to something.

Think about this, lets say your favorite meal (pizza for example) makes your kid ill would you keep feeding him that for dinner because you like it. You know that feeding your kid pizza is hurting them, but you keep doing it because "you like the way it tastes". Please. We are the adults, we know what is right for our children, we shouldn't ignore the truth because of our selfishness and our desires.